top of page
Assistant Majority Leader Senator Lee was on her fourth term representing District 9 at the time of her award. She has served on the Committees for Health & Welfare, Judiciary & Rules and State Affairs. She has two daughters with her husband Brian.
Senator Lee was the first recipient of the ICAP Primary Legislator Award. “Recipients of this award are legislators who put children first,” says Diane Schwarz, co-founder of the organization. Some of Senator Lee’s many accomplishments include support of education funding, support of home visiting programs, sponsoring legislation that improves foster care, and now co-chairing the Child Protection Oversight Committee, advancing efforts to reduce the prevalence of child abuse and neglect. In her honor, ICAP donated one hundred books from Book It Forward! Idaho to Payette Head Start in Senator Lee’s district.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications - Brigham Young University
• Master’s degree in Instructional and Performance Technology - Boise State University
• PhD in Public Policy & Administration - Boise State University.
• Co-chair of the Foster Care Study Legislative Interim Committee in 2016 and 2017
• Co-chair of the Legislature’s new Child Protection Oversight Committee in 2018
• Idaho Mother of Achievement - 2018
• Food Producer Ag All-Star - 2015, 2016, 2017, & 2018
• Senate Representative to Committee for Food Safety Modernization Rule Oversight - Idaho State Department of Agriculture
• Member of the Western States Legislative Forestry Task Force
• Governer’s Task Force on Higher Education – 2017
• Governor’s Panel on Opioid & Substance Use – 2019
• Associate Vice President of College & Public Relations, Treasure Valley Community College
• Board Member, Saint Alphonsus Medical Center Ontario Community Board
• President of Ontario Kiwanis 2010-2012
bottom of page